Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Judge him!

In my French 4 class, I make my students read Le Petit Prince, possibly the best work of French literature ever. And they hate it. Which makes me not like them. But anyway, this year we finished the book and we were discussing some of the major themes and messages of the story. I'm not quite sure how we got to this point (we were talking about the importance of friendship I think), but this one kid, let's call him Benoît (the best french name ever) was going off about how in life you need to think about yourself and not worry about others. I believe at one point he said that if you've stepped all over people to get rich you will still have friends because people want to be friends with rich people. He also said that if someone told him he had to kill his dad in order to live, he would do it because "I'm young! My dad has lived his life!". Since we were a bit off topic I said, "OK, let's get back on track..." Before I could continue, another student turned to Benoît and said:

You are totally going to hell!

Classic!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it! Someone had to say what everyone was thinking. Hilarious!

Unknown said...

Yikes! That kid is crazy!

Steph said...

I think you should be really nice to the crazy murdering kid...
What a funny (and slightly disturbing) story though. :)