Saturday, August 2, 2008

Parents: Volume 2

Another first-year teaching story. I had two boys who were constantly disrupting class. They could not sit next to each other. They could not speak to or about the other person. It got to a point where I took the drastic measure and called home (I really don't like calling parents). Both mothers were very nice and I got the report from one boy that he had been grounded because of the phone call (why do I love it so when they get in trouble?). Here's what the other boy said:

Boy: Yeah, my mom said "Stop misbehaving in French class and since when are you taking French?"

We had finished at least half the year by this point. I had received several signed interim reports from this woman. It was truly shocking that her son was not taking his education more seriously.

No comments: