Friday, September 17, 2010

The weirdness begins!

Well, it's the second week of school and the kids are already showing me their special personalities. In my French 1 class yesterday I went to the back of the room to help a student with an activity and when I came back there was a note on my computer. Since I've failed to develop the "eyes in the back of your head" that every good teacher is supposed to possess I had not even seen anybody get up. I opened it up and it said: "Moi avoir un le chat en mon pantalon." which is supposed to say "I have a cat in my pants" but actually said, "Me to have a the cat in my pants." What the? I obviously asked who had done it (just out of curiousity) but I was hesitant to actually tell the class what it said because I have a fear that any sentence ending with "in my pants" has a dirty meaning, at least in the teenage mind. Nobody fessed up.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love your stories! Keep working on the "eyes in the back of your head" thing. :)

Unknown said...

this is a crazy story! good luck with your new school year.